Lemon Pepper Garlic Vinaigrette
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon or basil (optional)
Mince garlic, then mash to a paste with 3/4 teaspoon salt.
Whisk together garlic paste, pepper, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, and mustard, then whisk in oil until emulsified.
Whisk in herb, if using.