2000s Recipes + Menus
Buffalo Grilled Shrimp with Blue Cheese Dip and Celery
- Active time:40 min
- Start to finish:40 min
For blue cheese dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 18 jumbo shrimp (1 1/2 to 2 lb), peeled, leaving last shell segment and tail fan attached, then deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup hot sauce such as Frank’s RedHot
- 1/2 bunch celery, cut into 4-inch sticks
Stir together ingredients, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium heat for gas); see “Grilling Procedure.”
Toss shrimp with oil and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper. Oil grill rack, then grill shrimp, covered only if using a gas grill, turning once, until just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes total.
Stir together butter and hot sauce in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss until coated. Serve shrimp with dip and celery.
- Shrimp can be cooked in an oiled hot 2-burner grill pan over medium heat.