2000s Recipes + Menus
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:2 3/4 hr (includes cooling)
Watch food editor Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez demonstrate how to make your own fresh ricotta.
- 3 tablespoons finely crushed amaretti (crisp Italian macaroons) or plain fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 lb fresh ricotta at room temperature 30 minutes
- 6 large eggs at room temperature 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
EQUIPMENT:an 8-inch springform pan
Preheat oven to 325°F with rack in lower third.
Lightly butter pan and coat with cookie crumbs, leaving any loose crumbs distributed over bottom of pan.
Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour into crust.
Bake until puffed and golden but center is still slightly wobbly, about 1 1/2 hours.
Cool in pan on a rack (cake will sink a little).
Serve cheesecake warm or at room temperature.
- Ricotta cheesecake is best eaten the day it is made but can be made 1 day ahead and kept at cool room temperature.
- We’ve also got a web-exclusive recipe using the leftover amaretti.