2000s Recipes + Menus
Endive-Radicchio Salad with Pancetta and Gorgonzola
- Active Time:15 min
- Start to Finish:20 min
- 8 slices pancetta (3 oz)
- 1/3 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola (3 1/2 oz), divided
- 1 lb Belgian endive, cored and cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
Cook pancetta in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp, then drain on paper towels.
Blend buttermilk, sour cream, shallot, vinegar, and half of Gorgonzola in a blender with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper until smooth.
Toss endive, radicchio, and celery with dressing, then sprinkle with remaining Gorgonzola and salt and pepper to taste. Break pancetta into large pieces and sprinkle on top.