2000s Recipes + Menus
Pumpkin Potato Purée
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:30 min
- 1 1/2 lb large boiling potatoes
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup whole milk, warmed
- 1/4 lb Italian Fontina cheese, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch pieces, then put in a 3-quart saucepan with 2 teaspoon salt and enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain potatoes, then return to pot. Add butter and mash with a potato masher. Stir in pumpkin, warm milk, cheese, sage, vinegar, nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.