2000s Recipes + Menus
Tarragon Crab Salad
- Active time:10 min
- Start to finish:10 min
For more recipes inspired by the City of Light, visit our Paris City Guide.
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 large tomatoes (1 1/2 to 2 lb total), sliced thick
- 3 cups baby romaine leaves
Blend yolk, vinegar, water, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a blender. With motor running, add oil in a slow stream.
Toss crabmeat with dressing, tarragon, and chives.
Season tomatoes with salt and serve topped with romaine and crab.
- We’ve also got a web-exclusive recipe using the leftover tarragon.
- The egg yolk in this recipe is not cooked.