2000s Recipes + Menus
Vermicelli with Sauce alla Sofia
- Active time:25 min
- Start to finish:25 min
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and chopped
- 1/3 cup brine-cured green olives, pitted
- 2 teaspoons drained bottled capers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb vermicelli (thin spaghetti) or linguine
With a food processor running, drop in garlic and finely chop. Stop motor and add parsley, onion, anchovies, olives, capers, salt, and pepper, then process until finely chopped. With motor running, add 1/2 cup oil, blending until incorporated.
Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water (see Tips) until al dente. Drain well in a colander, then return to pot and toss with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl, then pour sauce over top and toss well. Serve immediately.