2000s Recipes + Menus
- Active time:30 min
- Start to finish:1 1/2 hr
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granola without dried fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 lb peaches, peeled and sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
Accompaniment:vanilla-bean ice cream
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Sitr together sugar, flour, granola, spices, and salt in a bowl, then work in butter with a pastry blender or your fingertips until mixture forms small clumps.
Spread peaches in a lightly buttered 13- by 9-inch (2 1/2- to 3 qt) baking dish. Toss peaches with juice and top with crumb mixture.
Bake in middle of oven until topping is golden and peaches are tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.